domingo, 4 de febrero de 2007

Funny weekends follow flat weeks

The crazy lady I mentioned briefly at the end of my previous blog was in fact Maria Gabriella or Gaby for short. A Tica who approached me in the mall and demanded to be my girlfriend. Intrigued, and having nothing else to do after watching the overrated but well shot Babel, Robbie and I accompanied her to El Pueblo and later to a Karaoke bar where she proceeded to regale us with tales of times when she had almost been killed by men she described as literally being daemons who would vomit whenever she discussed her religion (can you guess it?).

Although she was speaking fantastic English I couldn't help but interject with some subtle quips that luckily only Robbie caught. Anyway, she was a very direct person and demanded I be her boyfriend. I kissed her briefly in the taxi on the way home, sitting in the back, but it was quite possibly the worst kiss I've ever experienced! I wont ruin your happy lives with the gruesome details but safe to say it was awful for someone who must have had her share of experience of life and love... Horrific. That was one taxi ride that couldn't end soon enough...

I saw her again on friday and tried to let her down as gently as possibly but she wasn't taking it and gradually lowered her expectations down from boyfriend status to just friends with rights but even this i refused. I don't feel like being a toyboy right now for some Christian mentalist.

"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."

No hay comentarios: