lunes, 15 de enero de 2007

Surrounded by darkness

The lights dim in the computer suite yet it halts not my tap tapping fingers on the rickety centro keys. I'm deep in the midst of a failing presentation to 5 generations of Ticos, presumably students, all thinking of enrolling their rugrats in the English for sprogs program.

It provides a surreal point in which to type this blog entry at least.. "Find the 5... FANTASTIC!"

Today I was lazy and despondent, laying around the house doing little and thinking little. I haven't managed to muster any enthusiasm for anything much this year but I did go for a spluttering run today around the neighbourhood and I am looking into going to some kind of martial arts academy and maybe the gym when I feel more positive.

I went out to the Calle Amargura on saturday night with Kevin, Roberto and some other folk but I was looking dishevelled and unshaven and I really hate fucking reggaeton which led to a dull, uneventful night. I'll find some other routes out into San Jose soon but for the meantime my social calendar remains tuesday poker, thursday pool and saturday football. Thrilling stuff I'm sure you'll agree. Give me a week or so and I'll snap out of this foolish melancholy...

No hay comentarios: