viernes, 9 de marzo de 2007

Buenos Aires

This place is HUGE!

I'd never imagined how big this place was and how full of beautiful people it is, and not just beautiful but classy looking people - unlike the slutty shop dressing of the Ticas (no offence, just an observation). It really is a small taste of European life here in Latin America, even the Spanish accent has been further europeanised to sound more Italian than Spanish at times and yes, safe to say I'm having trouble being understood by most everyone I talk to...

The taxi ride last night was a hilarious turn of events with the taxista being a racist Uruguayan who hates Argentina, Buenos Aires and all Argentinians. Errr.. A lovely welcome indeed and more news of high crime, social problems and car accidents galore.. Somebody sort this continent out!

Anyway I spent the night passing in and out of consciousness due to the return of 3 French party-goers in my hostel room. I'm investigating apartments but the one I'm looking at in San Telmo doesn't have a room available for at least another week.

Good news is I already have some contact details for some schools, one being the British language and cultural centre - sounds right down my alley! - the others are universities and private language schools so I'll have to print off some CVs to drop around over the weekend and into next week.

Off for my late night dinner now, something I'll have to get used to!

Ciao bellas!

"I've never know a Waleman"

No hay comentarios: